06 March 2008

O-Week

It's O-week!

Our O-week is pretty tame compared to others that I have heard of (Davis doesn't even have one), but has been quite fun nonetheless.
Monday we did bowling which was boring, but that's just because I always hate on bowling. Tuesday we got rained out for the pig run (I think it's rescheduled for next week), but we did trek downtown to go to a 'foam party' that a bar was having. It was amazing. All you do is dance and they chuck foam at you. Like a TON of foam. Thank god for putting my passport in a plastic bag. It was a ton of fun. It was very Johnson and Johnson foam (no tears!) and we had quite a group of dancers so it was a blast. We were soaked from head to toe when we left. The walk home was cold, but so worth it.
Wednesday we went to Margarita's. It's a crappy student bar with cheap beer and dancing. People hate on it, but it's really all you need and you can dress down (something us CA kids love). Everyone got drunk and had a blast. This little freshman boy hit on me and when I told him blatantly "If you are looking for someone to go home with you need to find another girl" he just blinked at me and walked away. IT WAS HILARIOUS. Then I found one of the RAs to walk home with me and he sang Spice Girls the whole time. What a way to end the night.
Thursday we did Song Star or something. It's like a mixture of DDR and karaoke. The game actually gives you points for singing on pitch and such. It was a blast and even I (though sounding terrible as ever) did it. I sang Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" (thinking of you Leslie!) and Aretha Franklin's "Respect" (oh Rich). Way fun. Then we worked on my costume for the party that is tonight. It's a treasure island theme. People here really get into themes so I'm just trying to live up to the standards.

So far I love living in the dorms. It's like reliving my own freshman year but without the massive anxieties and lack of confidence. It's a blast so far!

Next mission: must find fake gold coins and 25 cent rings. And homework at some point.... eventually.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since i haven't left a post yet, i thought i'd start today (i promise no rude comments)
anyway, i got into calpoly today! yay, my first acceptance! i will not fail in life!
new zealand sounds fabulous, you're clearly doing better than adrienne at this point (as you aren't coughing up your lungs about every second)