hello. I'm at the Student Commons and have already accomplished my reading for the day. That is not to say I don't have more reading to do, but I am satisfied with my progress for now.
Some fun catch up:
Amazing weekend out. We had a inter-res (res= resident halls) volleyball tournament. My hall won for both the guys and girls teams. It was pretty awesome. Part of it was lame because we were undefeated, but they STILL made us play a finals round. I did not play for I suck at volleyball, but I was a faithful cheerleader all day long. Pictures to come soon. I got them up on facebook, but probably will not have time to load more pictures to Picasa until after my paper is due next Thursday. Then we all went out and got thoroughly smashed which was so fun because my res hall pretty much dominated the bar. It was great and I made it through the night story free (if only the others could say the same!)
My women studies paper next due next week is a joke. Or so I thought. We have to use two of the sources out of our reader for this "paper." Sounds easy. But now that I have started to read them, I have come to the realization that my professor picks TERRIBLE sources. I have no idea how I am supposed to connect these sources because most of the time I can BARELY figure out how they relate to women studies/gender. And this is a 100 class. It should be fairly self explanatory.
In other news, I am currently in love with my Science teacher. He's probably a whopping 30 years old and makes awkward jokes that freshmen refuse to laugh at. I love him. I finally have motivation to make it to my 8am class.
I will be going to the dive club meeting in about 20 minutes. We will see how it goes. My EAP friend Diana and I are joining together, but we did miss the first two meetings. Diana did not make the people sound very nice so we'll see how this goes. I'm a little nervous due to my newbie status, but hopefully I can win them over with my witty personality and my 'put my orthodontist's kid through college' smile.
I may not have time to update before we leave on Friday for Easter so FYI- I'll be gone from Friday to Tuesday. I didn't die. We'll be camping around the Coromandel. It should be about half beach hopping and half forest hiking. Should be fun!
18 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment