31 March 2008

Definitely busy, but not dead

Okay so it's been a while....

Easter was pretty cool. Coromandel was nice, but not as nice as I had heard. We camped which turned into the ultimate adventure. We stayed in a 4 person tent- the kind the company calls "4 person" meaning it comfortably sleeps two and half. We crammed 4 people in it. Good times. We never bought firewood, but managed to have a fire 3 of the 4 nights. Our biggest problem came from the fact that Good Friday here is a holiday. Seriously?! So everything was shut down. The supermarkets, the target-type stores. It was TERRIBLE because we had decided to pick up the car and THEN go shopping. So we started our trip with nothing basically. Apparently anything that is "not essential" is supposed to be closed. But the second we got out of Auckland there were tons of little cafes and dairies open. SO LAME. We even ate at a SUBWAY for lunch. What a lame freaking holiday. So that really killed our buzz because we pretty much spent the rest of the trip trying to recover from all the things we couldn't buy. But it ended up being fine. Our first campsite was lame so we decided to not pay on the way out (it was so lame, even I don't feel bad about it). The second night was at a holiday park thing. It was in between. It had showers and a kitchen, but was super under equipped. But we managed. The last place was a my favorite. It reminded me much more of the campgrounds at home. We did a massive hike that took 5 hours round trip. Towards the top was kind of ridiculous, but we made it. I will post pictures soon.

Then I came back to school for two days, wrote a crappy paper, and then left on Friday night for the Bay of Islands. It was pretty, but not as nice as I expected. The weather was pretty much overcast the whole time so that really killed the mood. We also didn't do ANYTHING while we were there. We took this mini hike to a crappy beach that was really sharp and shelly at the shore and then when you went in, it just got muddy. Not zesty. Then we went to another beach, which was better, but still nothing amazing. The boys tried to fish and failed. The next day we did much of the same thing. 4 of us went on a high speed boat tour which was fairly entertaining. Would I do it again? Probably not, but at least I did it once. Then the boys finally caught a fish and we went back to our hostel and cooked it. IT TOOK FOREVER. We didn't leave until a little after 9pm and got home at 1am. Not my favorite trip. We might go up again because i want to do a sailing trip up there (a recommendation from a friend) and also head up to cape regina. We'll see if I have the time and how the weather goes.

This week is Secret Admirer's week. It's pretty awesome. Everyone who signs up gets someone to stalk. You do all this lovey-dovey/stalker creepy stuff. I ended up with a girl which isn't as fun but I will still try my best to make her week fun. I haven't gotten anything from my admirer yet, but I heard he's pretty over-zealous so hopefully it'll be fun. Then we confess our love at the party on Friday so that's a fun way to end the week. I'll be sure to take pictures of the cool stuff I get and the stuff I do so you guys can appreciate. If you have any ideas of what I should do for my girl, feel free to leave me a comment!

Also, for all you crafty bitches out there, the party theme for Friday is Music Legends. Any ideas of who I should go as?

That's all for now. I'm off to work on the two papers I have due next week. Boo!

No comments: