I arrived back in Auckland on Thursday night. I am way happy to sleep in my own bed, have moments where I am completely and utterly ALONE, and most of all, have free Internet access.
I am currently transferring pictures from my camera to my computer and there are 674. It's safe to say, I'm going to need some time to thin those out and post them so please be patient and I should have them up soon.
Just as a teaser, here is a list of a few things I learned/left with from my South Island Adventure:
- a few gifts
- a knack for waking up at 8am
- the skill of short showers (I plan to unlearn this skill as soon as possible)
- a sad, yet strong addiction to sour gummy bears
- an extra layer of skin cancer on my face, neck, arms, and feet
- disgustingly dry hair (I'm working on reviving it)
- A lack of fiber (haven't they ever heard of whole wheat?)
- 2 new pairs of shoes
- Reading a book for FUN
- 17 scars from 17 mosquito/sandfly bites
That's all for now. I'm heading downstairs because an RA said he would explain cricket to me. Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Hi Princess,
Welcome "home." We are looking forward to all the travel pictures, and then hearing about the next stage: classes and campus life!
one more thing: when/where for the next trip?
Love you,
Auntie Anne & Uncle Steve
Yea for cricket. I want a movie day. Call me.
don't you complain about drizzle to me young lady. but seriously, pictures soon.
So I sent your blog URL to my parents since I was getting tired of being a secondary source when they asked me what you're doing in NZ. Just FYI, you'll soon have some more loyal readers.
Any minute now...she'll have time to post some pictures for all of us who love her and miss her.....any minute now, I just know it...
xoxoxoxox,
Auntie Anne
PS Happy birthday to Dennis!!
Post a Comment