29 January 2008

I'm HERE!

Hello! I have arrived in Auckland. I am going to make this fairly short (at least for me) because I'm still on CA time so it's almost 1am.

The flight was great. We left about an hour late, but had a very smooth take off. I had an isle seat which was ever so lovely. Once we got settled in the air we had the nice TVs on the back of each seat. It was amazing because we got to pick what movie to watch, could stop and fast forward and pause and all that good stuff. That made the flight much more enjoyable. Watched Atonement with dinner. Got a headache from the brightness of the screen, popped an Ambien, passed out like a light for the least restful 6 hours of sleep ever, woke up, watched Ratatouille with breakfast, and then we pretty much landed. Here are my plane stats:
Depart- 8:10pm (CA time)
Length of Flight-12:55
Distance Travelled- 10,519km (6,537miles!)
Arrival- 6:03 (NZ time)
*Bae I wrote all this down in the journal you gave me!*

Got picked up at the airport and dropped off at housing. Checked in, ate breakfast, and moved into my room which you will see an album of pictures of below (ps. this may not be my permanent room, but I figured it was fun to see for now). Made phone calls and sent e-mails, had the most amazing 45 minute nap of my life, took a shower, ate lunch with ugly half dry hair, made friends with some other EAP kids (how with the ugly hair I'm not sure). After lunch they all went and took naps and I continued to e-mail and chat. We went out to the store to pick up some things (a hair dryer being my main concern). Came back and had dinner with our host professor (so far the food is horrible, but it's DC so I guess that's universal suckage). Came back to our rooms and I have been on the phone for about 3 hours. I'm all talked out which is why this is amazing vague for something coming from me.

Tomorrow we are going to walk down to the ferry building and go to Davenport. Apparently we are going to the beach and will also climb a volcano (climb as in hike up a trail). It should be fun. Getting to the ferry building is also takes us through the heart of downtown so that will be fun to see.

It's about 10pm here, but I have outlasted all the CA kids who have already all gone to bed. One was very eager to go out tonight, but I think even she crapped out already. Meh, I have 6 months here. I think I'll survive one TUESDAY night in :)

Oh and just so you know, it is GORGEOUS here. The weather is LOVELY. The sun is out, it's warm, but not too hot. I believe you all are sufficiently jealous so I will stop now :)

Shout outs to my Auntie Anne for mentioning that I should bring an alarm clock. Right now, I'm all the EAP kids best friend. Kudos to Adrienne for being the guinea pig who actually figured it out.

Goodnight!

Okay so the slideshow is being a bitch so here is the link to my online albums instead. Enjoy!
http://picasaweb.google.com/dianajcarey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana
Uncle Bill wants to know why he is not in your picture slide show.
I love you kiddo
Jeanne

Tavis Xavier said...

You must of flown Qantas. I love the free movies. Makes the long flight enjoyable.